A Lamb Recipe with Polenta, Zucchini, and Tomato
A Vancouver athlete's guide to a healthy dinner.
July 2, 2015
– 8 lamb loin chops
– Scarpone’s pre-cooked polenta (or you can make your own), cut into 8, 2 cm thick slices.
– 1 zucchini cut into bite sized pieces
– 3 tomatoes cut into bite sized pieces
– 8 small handfuls of mixed greens. (These are more for garnish than anything so really up to you.)
– 1 large chunk of feta cheese
– 8 tsp. crushed garlic
– 8 tsp. fresh rosemary
– 8 tsp. olive oil
– 8 squares of tin foil. Each square should be large enough to wrap around the lamb chop, similar to how tinfoil wraps around a baked potato.
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Slice the polenta into 1 cm thick slices
- Place on a square of tinfoil large enough to wrap around the lamb loin chop
- Spread crushed garlic on top of the polenta
- Place one loin chop on top of the polenta
- Top with cut up rosemary, and pepper
- Add some pieces of zucchini and tomato to the lamb and polenta
- Drizzle with olive oil
- Wrap the items leaving a small opening at the top of the tinfoil
- Bake for 35-40 minutes
- Place mixed greens on a plate
- Place the lamb/polenta combo on top of the mixed greens
- Crumble some feta on top and serve.