Fall Fashion 2015: Key Looks and Trends for the Season
Coats, Knits, Classics, and Romantics—and more of what we'll be wearing this season.
September 15, 2015
The best thing about cooler temperatures settling in is the return of fall’s always highly anticipated wardrobe. While we’ll miss our sandals, strappy tops and linen pants, we’re heartened to learn we don’t have to say good-bye to our pre-Labour Day whites (more on that later). It’s about now we’re always eagerly awaiting the next season’s sophisticated layers, luxurious fabrics and textures, with hopes of deeper shades of autumn writ large on nubby sweaters, long coats and tall boots. And we’re pleased to report that Holt Renfrew delivered this up in spades with their fall preview.
This season, Holt’s introduces 50 new designers to Canada—from Cédric Charlier for womenswear, Mansur Gavriel for handbags, Rena Caovilla for footwear, Haider Ackermann and Thom Browne for menswear—and we took a sneak peek of the latest must-have looks and trends. From oversized layering to graphic prints, here’s the takeaway:
1. Keep It Loose: borrowed from the boys, men’s tailored, oversized layering
2. Go Graphic: bold colour, contrast in primary colours, patterns, intarsia and patchwork
3. Utilitarian Chic/Active: military, army surplus
4. The Perfect Yarn: thick, chunky, textural knits worn head-to-toe
5. The New Romantics: Victorian/bohemian in delicate lace, sheer, velvet, and ruffled detail
6. Winter White (scrap the Labour Day strictures; it’s white year-round!)
Our fave looks? Coats, Knits, Re-invented Classics and all the Romance you can shake a copy of Pride and Prejudice at.
Holt Renfrew, 737 Dunsmuir Street, 604-681-3121, Holtrenfrew.com