5 Beachwear Essentials for Summer 2017
Summer's at our door, which means it's time to get your sun, surf and sand groove on.
June 19, 2017
1. Men’s bathing suits are often too baggy or better suited to the teen set, but Montreal’s Boto reimagines this summer standard as sophisticated shorts with a tapered leg instead. Each pair of trunks is crafted from a 22-piece pattern and tailored like a suit for a flattering fit—and the perfect dip. Khaki green Aruba Embroidered Anchors, $79, botoswimwear.ca
2. YSL’s Volupté Tint-in-Balm offers a kiss of colour for instant glow but also doubles down on lip care with a soothing, balm-like consistency. The N°7 Flirt Me Coral is note-perfect in peach—a fresh pairing with summer’s nautical navy and white. $42, sephora.ca
3. Whether yachting or hitting the pavement, Swims’ new Webbing loafer driver is the ultimate men’s summer shoe with its semi-seamless, ultralight, breathable and water-friendly construction. $235, harryrosen.com
4. When Coco Chanel first took note of the Breton striped uniform worn by the French Navy circa 1858, the style would forever be crowned a fashion staple. This striped wrap jacket by the Gap updates a tried-and-true classic with a loose shape and long length. $118, gapcanada.ca
5. Harnessing the colours of the Pacific West Coast, the limited-edition, terry-towel Arrow beach blanket by the Tofino Towel Co. is more than just a pretty face. One percent of all profits go to help locals preserve the area’s pristine beach and wildlife. $100, tofinotowelco.com
Now Open: Nettle’s Tale
330 W Cordova St.,
Why we’re excited: While the other swimsuit companies were busy making us all feel embarrassed about that extra cookie, Vancouver’s own Nettle’s Tale opened its Gastown doors to all shapes and sizes (otherwise known as 99 percent of the population). Ranging in price from $59 to $164, adjustable swimsuits can be worn multiple ways for flattering fits to suit any shape.