Canine Couture: 5 Stylish Accessories for Your Pup
Fashion has gone to the dogs!
April 11, 2017
Let’s play a game: (1) Open your Instagram, (2) Find the list of people you follow, (3) Count how many of them are dogs.
Fashionable pups, some with thousands upon thousands of followers, are taking social media by storm, making them celebrities in their own right. So when the owners of Vancouver consignment store Mine and Yours partnered with The Healthy Hound, an organic dog food company, to host a dog- and fashion-themed soirée earlier this month, we couldn’t resist stopping by for a visit (see the adorable photos, here!). Since then, we’ve been scouring the city for the most stylish, aw-inducing pet accessories for our own furry friends. Here’s what we found:
1. Fashion and function meet in this stylish jacket. Lined with fleece to keep your pup warm in the frigid Vancouver weather, and with a sleek leather outer shell, the vintage bomber ($55) from Barking Babies will make your dog the hippest canine in Vancouver. barkingbabies.com
2. This one’s for the eco-friendly pets out there. Keep your sweet dog warm and cozy—without sacrificing an ounce of style—with the chevron infinity scarf ($10) Made with bamboo, recycled polyester, hemp, and organic cotton, the eco-fabrics are a sustainable and fashionable option. ecopupdogclothing.com
3. Let’s be honest: it rains in Vancouver…a lot. Protect your precious pup from the elements with the sleek, lightweight West Coastal coat ($43) from Canada Pooch. canadapooch.com
4. If you can find a hoodie that you can be comfortable (and look great!) in, why not extend that same luxury to your canine? The Stripe Hoodie dog sweatshirt ($22) keeps the wind out of your best friends’ fur and helps prevent your pet from feeling the Vancouver chill. poochalicious.ca
5. Walk your dog in style with the Natural Adjustable rope leash ($78) and Natural rope collar ($70) duo. Both are donned with stamped and numbered tags that helps creator Found My Animal keep count of the number of pets rescued thanks to their donations. barkingbabies.com