6 Tips For Fab Winter Skin
Holt Renfrew's beauty guru Denée Noel offers her top beauty tips to help rescue our skin from winter's harsh winds and drying temps.
November 29, 2016
Until balaclavas become as socially acceptable as blanket scarves, most of us will need to take a few special steps to keep our winter faces happy.
1. Moisturize your face daily and limit exfoliating to once a week. Non-abrasive is your best bet: often, abrasive exfoliators can be overworked on the skin and cause redness, irritation and dry patches.
2. Avoid toners with alcohol—they can dry out your skin.
3. Hydrating sleep masks are your friend. Treat yourself to a good moisture mask session two to three times per week.
Our pick: AmorePacific Moisture Bound Sleeping Recovery mask. $83, shop.nordstrom.com
4. When it comes to makeup, winter is a great time to try cream products, from blushes to eyeshadows.
5. Prepare the skin with a primer that adds moisture and radiance.
6. Pack a hydrating mist to refresh your face throughout the day.
Our pick: Caudalie’s soothing 100-percent organic Grape Water mist is a great option for sensitive skin. $24, ca.caudalie.com