5 Weather-Proof Fashion Pieces to Help You Get Through Winter
Slick styles to beat stormy winter days.
January 19, 2017
1. Made for the open road with Rainshield (an eco-friendly paraffin wax coating), the vintage-wash Stay Dry Trucker jacket also includes reflective stitching, zippered pockets and temperature control for an Easy Rider approach. $199, dishandduer.com
2. Fashion and utility rarely intersect, but the new Converse Chuck Taylor All Star II boot manages to check off both. The street brand’s first fully waterproof boot comes with a 360-degree heat barrier to keep feet not only dry but toasty warm, too. $140, converse.com
3. Korres’ Black Pine Anti-Wrinkle Firming and Lifting sleeping oil’s blend of black pine, grape seed, apricot and cold-pressed sweet almond, jojoba and organic argan help combat dry skin and winter wear with essential moisture.
4. If it’s strong enough for the WWII British military for which it was created, the Longines Heritage Military COSD watch in a 40-millimetre steel case with khaki NATO strap is strong enough for West Coast winters. $2,050, globalwatchco.com
5. Don’t let the elements slow you down: MEC’s quick-dry Sanctuary tights are designed for running and stretching with their wide waistband and flat-lock stitching (no chafing!). $58, mec.ca