5 Hot Denim Picks for Spring
Put some spring in your step with this season's denim outlook, in all its slouchy, stonewashed glory.
May 17, 2018
1. It’s in your back pocket, along with your keys and wallet: Valentino Garavani’s Scout Joylock Maxi denim tote. $2,895, holtrenfrew.com
2. Vancouver’s Native Shoes steps out this spring with the Monte Carlo, a sharp take on their low-cut classic street shoe in acid-washed denim. $90, native.com
3. The just-released Denim coffee table book by Amy Leverton becomes the new street-style bible on the chic aesthetic allure of blue jeans. $44, indigo.ca
4. It’s an ’80s redux with the Coach x Keith Haring collab highlighting American artist Haring’s iconic pop-art illustrations in a patchwork-forward denim jacket and skirt. $1,265 and $1,145, ca.coach.com
5. Leave it to Mac to pull off a completely wearable blue lipstick. Jean Genie is a creamy, rich formula with high colour and a no-shine matte finish, made in the brand’s Toronto lab. $22, maccosmetics.ca
1035 Alberni St.
What: Immortalized by Sex and the City, Jimmy Choo sets up its first Vancouver outpost this May with more than 1,500 square feet of Italian marble.
Why we’re excited: Alberni Street’s string of bling continues with some of the sexiest shoes this side of the solar system. Find the brand’s entire range for women (from leather goods to fragrances) and a made-to-0rder service for creating your own dream bespoke accessories.