CLOSED: Win this prize package from Fat Paint
Time for a summer D.I.Y. project?
June 15, 2016
Everyone seems to be up-cycling these days. It’s become difficult to get your hands on an old drawer set from a thrift store on Main St. without tearing it from the hands of some other would-be Jillian Harris. If you do manage to find some sort of wooden item that could use a little love—or maybe you know an old person who’s house is fully stocked with cool retro items just waiting to be painted—then this prize package from Fat Paint is just for you. Celebrating the new colour range from designer Amanda Forrest, this package consists of three different colours of chalk paint, and one beeswax polish for a smooth finish.
Fat Paint By Numbers
1. Give your piece a once over. Wipe it with a sanding sponge and then clean all the surfaces.
2. Grab your brush, use a good quality brush or a low-nap velour roller (not foam).
3. Start painting. Wait about twenty minutes between layers, and make sure to pain at least two coats.
4. Sand it down using sanding sponge or paper.
5. Seal your piece by adding a top coat of the beeswax polish so your craftsmanship lasts.
Colours in prize package: Couture Linen, Can’t See Me Camo, Orangeapalooza.