Reason to Love Vancouver #9: Artists Can Still Find Places to Gather
The crew at Parker Street Studios is making some seriously cool stuff.
November 23, 2017
This is not always a city that is friendly to the starving artist set (hello, proposed four-percent rent increase!), but the century-old Parker Street warehouse provides an impressive, accessible home base for painters, woodworkers, makers and weavers alike with its 110 studios under one roof in industrial East Van.
A Few All-Stars from the Parker Street Crew:
• Michael Thomas Host, MTH Woodworks, reclaimed wood meets modern resin
• Steven Pollock, concrete designs
• Renée Macdonald, Westerly Handmade Shoes, timeless kicks
• Fredi Rahn, colourful, functional pottery
• Jin Choi, meticulously crafted wood furniture
• Kari Kristensen, intricate linocuts and screenprints
• Judson Beaumont, Straight Lines Design Inc., whimsical furniture