Now Hiring: Account Manager!
New sales opportunity now available at Vancouver Magazine—get those applications in!
June 19, 2019
Want to join the Vancouver Magazine team? We’re looking for someone special for our sales department as an Account Manager, based out of our office in Burnaby. B.C.
The Account Manager will serve as a member of a team that specializes in selling a diverse range of products offered under the Vancouver Magazine brand. From print and digital advertising to event sponsorships and unique content packages, the product offerings for our clients are constantly evolving. In addition, the Account Manager will have the opportunity to sell into the many other publications and online products produced by Canada Wide Media.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meeting or exceeding sales targets on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis, across defined goals for print, digital and brand extensions
- Contacting potential and existing clients through regular cold calling and in-person meetings; generating sales leads; responding to sales inquiries
- Developing strategic relationships by identifying new business opportunities & offering marketing solutions based upon all CWM products
- Managing a defined account list as per category and/or assigned territory; providing regular attention to client list through best practices of prioritizing top tier accounts and applying quality customer service to all CWM clients
- Accurately and thoroughly completing all contracts, order entries, forms, sales reports, account details, and activity notes, as required by CWM
- Acting as a liaison between clients and Accounting, Production, and/or any other CWM department
- Participating in sales-related seminars, meetings, and training sessions, as provided by (or supported by) CWM; attending industry-related events (travel may be required); staying informed of new market information, competition, innovations, etc.
- Participating in quarterly reviews; preparing and presenting business plans for forecasting sales to target
- Working cooperatively within a team environment (attending regular sales meetings, contributing toward new business development, resolving account discrepancies, sharing successes, respecting the team environment)
- Strong prospecting and sales skills, with proven experience attaining revenue targets (advertising/media experience preferred)
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to actively listen, empathize, and present to potential and current clients; consultative selling skills with a client-first approach
- Ability to craft compelling messages, presentations, packages to match client needs
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines, prioritize, and multi-sell across all platforms
- Positive and professional attitude, with a willingness to learn, adapt, and strengthen overall skillset
- Self-motivated, with high energy and an engaging level of enthusiasm
- Team-player combined with ability to work autonomously
Join Western Canada’s leading independent audience engagement and custom content creation company, apply today and enjoy:
- A high earning potential
- Flexible Schedule
- Extended group benefits
- Invitations to events and numerous networking opportunities!
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to Gabriella Sepulveda, firstname.lastname@example.org