Is This the Most Exciting Food Event in the City?
Maybe we're a little biased, but Vancouver magazine's Best of the City party is shaping up to be a very delicious night out.
January 26, 2017
We used to call this event “Big Night,” because the chefs and winemakers we brought together under one roof were the big guns of the Vancouver dining scene. And though it’s got a new name as Best of the City, on February 24 at the Coast Coal Harbour Hotel, we promise it’ll still be the powerhouse event you know and love.
And here’s the proof: we lined up 10 of our Restaurant Award winners to serve up fantastic dishes all evening long, and paired each one with a Wine or Beer Award-winning beverage to create some of the dreamiest flavour combos this town has ever seen. We’re talking a night of taste-testing exclusive creations from chefs Rob Feenie and David Hawksworth. Want a piece of this delicious action? All you’ve got to do is snag a ticket.
The menu’s a secret for now, but we can promise you this at least: it’s going to be a night to remember.
Here’s the full list of participating restaurants for Best of the City 2017, so you can let your imagination run wild:
• Bao Bei (pairing with Laurenz V Singing Gruner Veltliner)
• Blue Water Cafe + Raw Bar (pairing with Jansz Tasmania Premium Cuvee)
• Bufala (pairing with Red Racer Super Stellar IPA)
• Cactus Club (pairing with Montes Alpha Cabernet Sauvignon)
• CinCin (pairing with Monte del Fra Custoza Superiore DOC Ca’ del Magro)
• Hawksworth (pairing with Clos du Soleil Pinot Blanc)
• L’ufficio (pairing with Musella Valpolicella Superiorie Ripasso)
• Maenam (pairing with Arrowleaf Pinot Noir)
• Prestons Restaurant + Lounge (pairing with Le Trou du Diable La Pitoune)
• Tableau Bar Bistro (pairing with Haywire Gamay Noir Rose)
Tickets are $125 for a full night of eating, drinking and mingling. Get ’em here and don’t miss out on the best of the city.
Best of the City
Friday February 24, 2017 | 7 p.m. – 9 p.m.
Coast Coal Harbour Hotel (1180 West Hastings Street, Vancouver)